GET A HIV TEST AT CHECKPOINT – IT’S QUICK, FREE AND ANONYMOUS:
- It is quick: you will get the test-result within 5 minutes
- It is free
- It is anonymous: we will not pass on any of your personal information to anyone without your consent
- You can get tested without risking running in to anyone you know: book a test outside regular opening hours
How often should I get tested for HIV?
If you identify as a man (or have a penis) and have sex with other men (or people with a penis), we recommend getting tested for HIV regularly:
- We recommend to get tested at least once a year
- If you have several male sex partners and don´t always use a condom, we recommend to get tested every 3rd month
- If you have a stable sex-partner and/or you always use a condom, we recommend to get tested for HIV once a year
Checkpoint can help you with questions regarding HIV, STIs and safer sex.
Call Checkpoint at 33 91 11 19
Monday - Friday 10 am – 2 am
You can also book an HIV test outside the regular opening hours here.
Need extra discretion?
If you would like to avoid meeting other clients in our waiting area, you are welcome to book a test outside our regular opening hours. (Checkpoint Copenhagen and Aarhus only)
As such it is safer to have sex with people who are living with HIV, on treatment and have an undetectable viral load, than with people who don’t know their HIV status.
Unsure about how often you should get tested? Give us a call!
Counselling at Checkpoint
We are a group of highly experienced counsellors who can guide you on how to protect yourself against HIV and other sexually transmitted infections and/or help you assess if you might have been at risk of contracting HIV.
We offer counselling sessions:
- Over the phone
- Through Boyfriend Chat - Checkpoint Test & Rådgivning
We speak Danish and English. If you wish, you are very welcome to bring a trusted person to help you with translation.